Copperopolis in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1999 by Matuca Chapter No.1849, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 58.702′ N, 120° 38.302′ W. Marker is in Copperopolis, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 513 Main Street, Copperopolis CA 95228, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Copperopolis (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Corner Saloon (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Copperopolis (about 500 feet away); Congregational Church (about 500 feet away); Copperopolis Historical Plaza (approx. 0.2 miles away); Copperopolis Armory (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas McCarty (approx. 0.2 miles away); Copperopolis Cemetery (approx. ľ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Copperopolis.
Also see . . . A Short History of the Calaveras Telephone Company. (Submitted on June 9, 2009.)
1. Madam Felix
Josephine Felix was a rancher and way station operator, offering travelers in the area a place to rest and get supplies. Josephine also performed the duties of midwife for birthing mothers.
— Submitted June 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Categories. • Communications • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,334 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on , by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 2. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.