Fort Edward in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Gen. Schuyler's Intrenchments
Erected 1927 by N.Y. State Historical Society.
Location. 43° 11.847′ N, 73° 34.823′ W. Marker is in Fort Edward, New York, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Patterson Rd and Richardson Rd, on the left when traveling east on Patterson Rd. Click for map. Just off Rt 4. Marker is at or near this postal address: 20 Patterson Rd, Fort Edward NY 12828, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jane McCrea (approx. 1.7 miles away); Judge William Duer (approx. 2.3 miles away); Duer House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 2.5 miles away); Fort Miller (approx. 2.5 miles away); Gen. Washington (approx. 3.7 miles away); Old Fort House Museum (approx. 4.4 miles away); The Patt Smyth House (approx. 4.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Edward.
Regarding Gen. Schuyler's Intrenchments. Gen Schuyler established a line in back of the Moses Kill after evacuating Fort Edward.
Additional keywords. SARATOGA CAMPAIGN 1777
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. This page has been viewed 364 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.