Henrietta in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The East Henrietta Village
1824 - Brick general store built at 3118 East Henrietta Road. David Deming. Lehigh Station Road supplied bricks.
1826 - First incorporated secondary school built west of Canandaigua, NY. Known as "The Monroe Academy".
1826 - Headmasters House built for the Monroe Academy.
1830s - Early U.S. Post Offices were located in area buildings.
1860s - Congregational/Methodist churches built.
1907 - Town's first firehouse built on East Henrietta Road.
Erected 2006 by Town of Henrietta, NY.
Location. 43° 3.537′ N, 77° 36.748′ W. Marker is in Henrietta, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of East Henrietta Road (New York State Route 15A) and Lehigh Station Road, on the right when traveling north on East Henrietta Road. Click for map. While not technically at the crossroads, it is 1 parking lot south, and easily visible from the crossroad. Marker is in this post office area: Henrietta NY 14467, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the The Headmaster's House and the Monroe Academy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); District No. 6 (approx. 1.7 miles away); West Henrietta Farm (approx. 2.7 miles away); The West Henrietta Village (approx. 2.8 miles away); Curtis Point (approx. 4.5 miles away); Indian Town (approx. 4.7 miles away); District #1 (approx. 4.7 miles away); Hartwell Carver, M.D. (approx. 4.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Henrietta.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 220 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.