Richmond-Andrus Mill Site
The 1915 History of Perry reports that the sawmill was operational. With 93 years in business, it was the oldest industry in town.
In 1949, the building was converted to the first frozen food locker plant in the area. In 1999, the building houses the Rich Plan/Shared Harvest Company. The sluice-way in the foreground is that of the Hamlin Flax Mill, which was likely located near the present Perry Herald building.
(The view in the image to the left is from a photo taken from the Borden Avenue bridge, looking south.) Compare the image to the Rich Plan/Shared Harvest building. Note the window placement and the waterfall. The millpond, once located at the present day village parking lot, supplied water.
This marker is dedicated to Clark Rice, noted Perry historian and photographer (1921-1999
Erected 1999 by Perry Rotary Club 75th Anniversary Project.
Location. 42° 43.077′ N, 78° 0.146′ W. Marker is in Perry, New York, in Wyoming County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (New York State Route 39) and Lake Street, on the right when traveling north on
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Andrus Mill Pond (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Whaley Tavern (approx. 5.3 miles away); Mary S. Howell (approx. 6.4 miles away); Site of De-Yu-It-Ga-Oh (approx. 6.4 miles away); John W. Powell (approx. 6.4 miles away); Francis Bellamy Memorial Park (approx. 6.5 miles away); D. L. & W. Depot (approx. 6.5 miles away); In Memory of Those Men and Women (approx. 6.5 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 230 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.