Jamestown in Tuolumne County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
St. James Church
St. James Church
1854 - 1915
Location. 37° 57.04′ N, 120° 25.396′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, California, in Tuolumne County. Marker can be reached from Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. The site of the St. James Catholic Church marker is located at the Jamestown Cemetery atop a hill at the south end of Jamestown. The site is accessed via a side road off of Main Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18109 Main Street, Jamestown CA 95327, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mark Twain Bret Harte Trail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); National Hotel (about 800 feet away); The Emporium – 1897 (about 800 feet away); Ramirez – Preston Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jamestown United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jamestown (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rocca Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jamestown Branch Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jamestown.
Regarding St. James Church. From 1854 to 1913, St. James was located on the hill above Main Street, on the southwest end of town. In 1916, a new church was built at Seco and Donovan Streets,
Source: Jamestown and the Way West - http://tchistory.org/TCHISTORY/Jamestown.htm
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.