Fort Oglethorpe in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
1st Georgia Cavalry
Capt. J.J Morrison.
11 A.M., Sept. 20, 1863.
Erected by the State of Georgia.
Location. 34° 57.156′ N, 85° 15.607′ W. Marker is in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is on Old Lafayette Road north of Gilbert Drive, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. This historic marker is located in front of a residence on Old Lafayette Road, and this road runs just west and parallel to the new Lafayette Road for two blocks, just south of Battlefield Parkway (State Route 2). Marker is at or near this postal address: 1947 Old Lafayette Road, Fort Oglethorpe GA 30742, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forrest's (Cavalry) Corps. (a few steps from this marker); Forrest's Pursuit (a few steps from this marker); Reserve Corps (within shouting distance of this marker); First Firing on Chickamauga Battlefield (within shouting distance of this marker); 6th Georgia Cavalry (within shouting distance of this marker); Armstrong's Brigade. (within shouting distance of this marker); Hospitals, Left Wing, Union Army. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Armstrong's Division - Forrest's Calvalry Corps. (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Oglethorpe.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.