Inscription. In July 1774 William Bartram entered Crawford County here, site of Marshall's Mill, going on to Knoxville, Roberta, and Cusetta.
By David Seibert, June 27, 2008
|1. William Bartram Trail Marker|
Erected by Magnolia District, The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. in cooperation with Crawford County Board of Commissioners.
Marker series. This marker is included in the William Bartram Trails marker series.
Location. 32° 45.85′ N, 83° 50.367′ W. Marker is near Sandy Point, Georgia, in Crawford County. Marker is on Carl Sutton Road 0.4 miles north of Sandy Point Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The marker is on Carl Sutton Road at the Crawford/Bibb County Line, where it becomes Knoxville Road. Marker is in this post office area: Lizella GA 31052, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Colonial Trading Path (approx. 7.1 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 7.2 miles away); Montpelier Institute (approx. 7.4 miles away); Joanna Troutman (approx. 9.6 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 9.6 miles away); Crawford County (approx. 9.6 miles away); Alexis de Tocqueville (approx. 9.6 miles away); Federal Wire Road (approx. 9.6 miles away).
Credits. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,226 times since then. Last updated on September 17, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photo 1. submitted on October 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |