Shelburne Falls in Franklin County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
First Permanent Settlement in Shelburne
Martin Severance 1718 - 1810
Scout in French and Indian Wars
Scout with Rogers Rangers
Marked by Dorothy Quincy Hancock Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.In cooperation with the town of Shelburne. 1940
Erected 1940 by Dorothy Quincy Hancock Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 36.244′ N, 72° 43.93′ W. Marker is in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts, in Franklin County. Marker is on South Maple St., on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5 South Maple St., Shelburne Falls MA 01370, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Capt. William Turner (approx. 6.1 miles away); Eunice Williams (approx. 6.5 miles away); Town of Greenfield (approx. 6.8 miles away); Leavitt-Hovey House 1797 (approx. 6.9 miles away); Old Deerfield Old Deerfield (approx. 7.8 miles away); First Church of Hawley (approx. 8.3 miles away); Nature's Puzzle (approx. 9 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tony Farrick of Shelburne Falls, Ma.. This page has been viewed 443 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Tony Farrick of Shelburne Falls, Ma.. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.