Fernandina Beach in Nassau County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Phelan-Verot House Built Prior to 1866
Florida Heritage Site
Erected 1999 by Amelia Island Fernandina Restoration Foundation and the Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-419.)
Location. 30° 40.376′ N, 81° 27.705′ W. Marker is in Fernandina Beach, Florida, in Nassau County. Marker is on N 4th Street near Alachua Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fernandina Beach FL 32034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. David L. Yulee (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fernandez Grant (about 500 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away); The Lesesne House (about 700 feet away); Nassau County Historic Courthouse (about 700 feet away); Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Revolutionary War Invasion of British East Florida (approx. 0.2 miles away); Florida's First Atlantic to Gulf Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fernandina Beach.
Also see . . . The Former Bishops of the Diocese of St. Augustine, By Charles R. Gallagher, S.J. Bishop Jean-Pierre Augustin Marcellin Verot, P.S.S. (1870-1877) ...enlisted the help of the Sisters of St. Joseph from Le Puy, France, to establish Catholic schools for the sons and daughters of freed slaves – many of whom were Protestant Christians.... (Submitted on October 1, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 345 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.