Calhoun in Gordon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historic Liberty Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Formally established 18 October 1853
1st Painted Church in Northwest Georgia
Only Church Where Union and Confederates Worshipped Together in Same Service During the War – April 1864
Union Field Hospital – May 1864
Location. 34° 27.75′ N, 84° 58.733′ W. Marker is in Calhoun, Georgia, in Gordon County. Marker is on Liberty Road 0.1 miles east of Georgia Route 53, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1115 Liberty Road, Calhoun GA 30701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Liberty Church Grounds (within shouting distance of this marker); Johnston's Rear Guard Stops McPherson (approx. 2.4 miles away); Roland Hayes (approx. 3 miles away); Richard Peters Plantation (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Calhoun Depot (approx. 3.1 miles away); Gordon County (approx. 3.2 miles away); Calhoun, Ga, May 18, 1864. (approx. 3.3 miles away); Battle of Lay's Ferry (approx. 3.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Calhoun.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 309 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.