Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Philipsburg in Centre County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Halehurst

 
 
Halehurst Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, October 6, 2012
1. Halehurst Marker
Inscription. An Englishman's country estate known previously as Moshannon Hall, built in 1813 by Hardman Philips, brother of Henry Philipsburg's founder in 1797. The house includes 25 rooms and 13 fireplaces.
 
Erected by Moshannon Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, Centre County Commissioners.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
 
Location. 40° 53.874′ N, 78° 13.048′ W. Marker is in Philipsburg, Pennsylvania, in Centre County. Marker is at the intersection of East Presqueisle Street and Sixth Street, on the right when traveling east on East Presqueisle Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Philipsburg PA 16866, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Philipsburg (approx. 0.2 miles away); Plumbe Forge (approx. 6 miles away); Juniata Iron (approx. 11.3 miles away); Zenas Leonard (approx. 13.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Halehurst Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, October 6, 2012
2. Halehurst Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 309 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement