Oklahoma City in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Central High School
Erected in 1910 as Oklahoma High School, at that time the city's only high school, this Gothic style building was a source of great civic pride. Many future leaders were educated here.
Erected 1973 by Oklahoma City Historical Preservation Commission.
Location. 35° 28.537′ N, 97° 30.98′ W. Marker is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in Oklahoma County. Marker is at the intersection of Robinson Avenue and NW 7th Street, on the left when traveling north on Robinson Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oklahoma City OK 73102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Paul's Cathedral (within shouting distance of this marker); Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Children's Area (about 800 feet away); Team 5 Requiem (about 800 feet away); Survivor Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Journal Record Building South Wall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rescuer Orchard (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Oklahoma City.
Also see . . . The History of Central High School (Submitted on October 18, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.