Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gainesville in Hall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Federal Building

U.S. Courthouse

 

—Gainesville, Georgia —

 
Federal Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
1. Federal Building Marker
Inscription. Entered on the National Register of Historic Places
January 24, 1974

James Knox Taylor
Architect 1909

This property significantly contributes to the nations cultural heritage
Commemorated June 1976

Gerald R. Ford
President of the United States

Jack Eckerd
Administrator of General Services
 
Erected 1976.
 
Location. 34° 18′ N, 83° 49.55′ W. Marker is in Gainesville, Georgia, in Hall County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Green Street, on the left when traveling west on Washington Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 Washington Street, Gainesville GA 30501, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 (within shouting distance of this marker); First Private Mint Templeton Reid Mint (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); U.D.C. Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 400 feet away); Lt.-Gen. James Longstreet (about 500 feet
Federal Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
2. Federal Building Marker
away); Lyman Hall (about 500 feet away); Dr. Emmett Ethridge Butler (about 500 feet away); Henry O. Ward (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Gainesville.
 
Also see . . .  Federal Building. Detailed history and architectural analysis of the building. (Submitted on October 30, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Federal Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, October 20/2/12
3. Federal Building Marker
The building, which also served as a U.S. Post Office, was built in 1909-1910.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 275 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement