Van Horn in Culberson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
In 1911-12, when Culberson was newly organized, served as the county courthouse. Until 1918, when converted to hotel by Fred Clark, structure was site for theatrical programs and school graduations and housed a saloon, offices, and all kinds of shops.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7925.)
Location. 31° 2.396′ N, 104° 49.915′ W. Marker is in Van Horn, Texas, in Culberson County. Marker is on West Broadway (Business Interstate 10) west of Van Horn Street (Texas Route 54), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 West Broadway, Van Horn TX 79855, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Colonel David Culberson (approx. ¼ mile away); Original Culberson County Jail San Antonio-California Trail (approx. 3.9 miles away but has been reported missing); Culberson County (approx. 3.9 miles away); Van Horn Wells (approx. 10.8 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 229 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.