Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Van Horn in Culberson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Presbyterian Church

 
 
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
1. Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. U.S. 1902. First church building erected in Van Horn. This was used by all faiths until other churches were built.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964


 
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7928.)
 
Location. 31° 2.55′ N, 104° 50.081′ W. Marker is in Van Horn, Texas, in Culberson County. Marker is at the intersection of Fannin Street and West 3rd Street, on the left when traveling north on Fannin Street. Click for map. Marker is on the southwest corner. Marker is in this post office area: Van Horn TX 79855, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clark Hotel (approx. mile away); Colonel David Culberson (approx. 0.3 miles away); Original Culberson County Jail (approx. 0.4 miles away); San Antonio-California Trail (approx. 3.7 miles away but has been reported missing); Culberson County (approx. 3.7 miles away); Van Horn Wells (approx. 11.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
2. Presbyterian Church Marker
Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 21, 2012
3. Presbyterian Church
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 269 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement