Wrens in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
William John Wren
1858 – 1919
Founder of the Town of Wrens
Location. 33° 12.517′ N, 82° 23.183′ W. Marker is in Wrens, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of Stapleton Highway (Georgia Route 88) and Estelle Street, on the right when traveling west on Stapleton Highway. Click for map. The marker stands in the median between Stapleton Highway and Mill Street, in front of the Wrens Post Office. Marker is in this post office area: Wrens GA 30833, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Quaker Road (approx. half a mile away); Ways Baptist Church and Stellaville School (approx. 3.5 miles away); Sylvan Grove (approx. 5.4 miles away); Dr. Alexander Avera (approx. 8.2 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 14.1 miles away).
Regarding William John Wren. Additional information on the town of Wrens is here:
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 275 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.