Fayetteville in Fayette County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
World’s Longest Courthouse Bench
Hand hewn, heart pine center beam
Used 1825 to 1965
58 feet long
Location. 33° 26.867′ N, 84° 27.267′ W. Marker is in Fayetteville, Georgia, in Fayette County. Marker is on Stonewall Ave East (Georgia Route 54) 0 miles east of Glynn Street South (Georgia Route 85), on the left when traveling east. Click for map. The marker stands near the front entrance to the Old Fayette County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Courthouse Square, Fayetteville GA 30214, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Memory of the Confederate Heroes (within shouting distance of this marker); Fayette County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Holliday-Dorsey-Fife House (about 500 feet away); Governor Hugh M. Dorsey (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flat Rock African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); Skirmish at Shakerag (approx. 5.3 miles away); Constantine Memorial (approx. 7 miles away); Diverted Attack (approx. 7.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fayetteville.
Also see . . . Old Fayette County Courthouse (Submitted on August 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.