Fredonia in Wilson County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Courthouse Clock Memorial Tower
The clock was originally purchased in 1889 by local citizens, and was almost lost when the old courthouse was razed in 1961. It was purchased by Gus A. Charlen and presented to Fredonia Business and Professional Women's Club, sponsors of tower building project.
Erected by Wilson County Historical Society.
Location. 37° 32.089′ N, 95° 49.632′ W. Marker is in Fredonia, Kansas, in Wilson County. Marker is on Monroe Street east of 6th Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker and tower are on the north grounds of the county courthouse square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 615 Madison Street, Fredonia KS 66736, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wilson County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Courthouse Square Benches (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gold Dust Hotel (about 400 feet away); The Stone House (about 600 feet away); Civil War Memorial Safety Follows Wisdom (approx. 1.7 miles away); World War Homefront and Neodesha Cemetery Association Founders Memorial Pavilion (approx. 10.1 miles away); a different marker also named Civil War Memorial (approx. 10.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fredonia.
Also see . . . History of Wilson County, Kansas. (Submitted on November 15, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Communications • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 160 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.