Baltimore, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Businessman and philanthropist William Keyser owned the Baltimore Copper Works and became a vice president of the B&O Railroad in 1870. Despite having no formal connection with the university, Keyser motivated by an acute sense of the gratitude he owed Baltimore for his success made Johns Hopkins his primary beneficiary. His son Brent was later chairman of the Johns Hopkins board of trustees from 1903 to 1927.
Location. 39° 19.765′ N, 76° 37.183′ W. Marker is in Baltimore, Maryland. Marker can be reached from N. Charles Street. Click for map. Marker is on the campus of Johns Hopkins University near the Sheridan Libraries. Marker is in this post office area: Baltimore MD 21218, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Sheridan Libraries (within shouting distance of this marker); Homewood (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct Homewood (about 500 feet away); Confederate Women of Maryland (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clover Hill (approx. 0.3 miles away); Spring House or Dairy - c. 1812 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lee and Jackson Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Union Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Baltimore.
Also see . . . Johns Hopkins University web site. (Submitted on March 11, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Education • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,398 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.