San Antonio in Bexar County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Oge House
Louis Oge (1832-1915) bought house in 1881, after migrating (1845) to Texas with the Castro Colony, serving in Texas Rangers under W.A.A. ("Bigfoot") Wallace, and making a fortune as a rancher. He was a San Antonio business leader and served as alderman and school board president. He had leading architect Alfred Giles enlarge and remodel the house in Neo-Classical style.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3680.)
Location. 29° 25.027′ N, 98° 29.544′ W. Marker is in San Antonio, Texas, in Bexar County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Steet and Turner Street, on the right when traveling south on Washington Steet. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 209 Washington Street, San Antonio TX 78204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ernst Homestead (approx. 0.2 miles away); Commemorating (approx. 0.3 miles away); The German-English School Buildings Hessler House (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Hessler House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Weaving Building And Kiln (approx. 0.4 miles away); John W. Smith (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tejada House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in San Antonio.
Also see . . . Oge House - Inn on the Riverwalk. Noble Inns (Submitted on November 26, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 362 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.