Andrews in Andrews County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Means Methodist Church
(First church in Andrews County)
In 1944 the church (located 2 blocks W., 4 blocks S. of here, on Main St.) burned and members once again met in the school.
Present building was finished in 1946; educational building in 1955; and the modern sanctuary, capable of seating 700, in 1957.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3311.)
Location. 32° 19.329′ N, 102° 32.718′ W. Marker is in Andrews, Texas, in Andrews County. Marker is at the intersection of NE 2nd Street and NE Avenue C, on the right when traveling south on NE 2nd Street. Click for map. Marker is on the southwest corner. Marker is in this post office area: Andrews TX 79714, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Billionth Barrel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Two Billionth Barrel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shafter's Trail Early Settlers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Original Townsite of Andrews (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dorsie M. Pinnell (approx. 1.1 miles away); Andrews County Discovery Well (approx. 6.6 miles away); Florey Park (approx. 9.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Andrews.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 630 times since then and 91 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.