Near Andrews in Andrews County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized May 11, 1910
killed at the Battle of
Concepcion, October 28, 1835
the first man to fall
in the Texas Revolution
County seat, Andrews
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 167.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 22.04′ N, 102° 48.358′ W. Marker is near Andrews, Texas, in Andrews County. Marker is on Eunice Highway (Texas Route 176) 0.3 miles east of County Road 7001, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in road side picnic area. Marker is in this post office area: Andrews TX 79714, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frankel City (approx. 2 miles away); Shafter Lake Townsite (approx. 7.5 miles away); Andrews County Discovery Well (approx. 9 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 909 times since then and 108 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.