Tribunal de Commerce
Histoire de Paris
—(Commerce Court) —
(Translated by Google Translate with modifications:)
At the location of the current commercial court stood the church of St. Bartholomew. The dilapidated medieval building was rebuilt from 1772 and has a classic portal, the work of Cherpitel. Just completed, the church was destroyed in 1791, and the architect Lenoir erected in its place a theater, the Théâtre de la Cité. In 1810, these sites were created into a ballroom, the Prado, where a customer bad reputation danced the polka. In 1860, the Commercial Court, previously located Place de la Bourse, was installed here. Behind Saint-Barthélemy was found another
Location. 48° 51.356′ N, 2° 20.787′ E. Marker is in Paris, Île-de-France, in Paris. Marker is on Boulevard du Palais. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Boulevard du Palais, Paris, Île-de-France 75004, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Conciergerie (a few steps from this marker); Sainte-Chapelle (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Ici s’elevait Le Chapelle Saint Michel du Palais (about 120 meters away); Libération de Paris (about 150 meters away); A Tous Les Français (about 210 meters away); André Perrin (about 240 meters away); Marcel Rey (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); La Liberté Éclairant le Monde (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in Paris.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 312 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.