Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
California Wesleyan College
University of the Paciﬁc
—College of the Paciﬁc —
Erected 1960 by Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America.
Location. 37° 20.517′ N, 121° 57.073′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of North Winchester Boulevard and Bellomy Street, on the right when traveling north on North Winchester Boulevard. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Clara CA 95051, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harris/Lass House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Berryessa Adobe (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kiely House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Carmelite Monastery – Bond Ranch (approx. 0.4 miles away); Landrum House (approx. 0.4 miles away); “Cowboy Jim” Donovan (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elim Community Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); “Eberhard” (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Santa Clara.
Also see . . . History of the College - University of the Pacific. "Although founded in 1851 as the University of the Pacific, the institution was for 60 years primarily an undergraduate liberal arts college. In recognition of that reality, its name was changed in 1911 to the College of the Pacific, and thus it remained for the next 50 years." (Submitted on November 29, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.