Slaughter Beach in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Memorial Vol. Fire Co.
destroyed a business on Bay Ave.
Re-incorporated in 1958 and the
original two bay station was
constructed in the fall of 1959
Named the Memorial Fire Co.
by the charter members in honor
of those who have served
our country in time of war.
Location. 38° 54.81′ N, 75° 18.311′ W. Marker is in Slaughter Beach, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Bay Avenue (County Road 204), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. North of Slaughter Beach Road (County Road 224). Marker is in this post office area: Milford DE 19963, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Saulsbury (approx. 2.2 miles away); Slaughter Neck United Methodist Church (approx. 3.6 miles away); Absalom Jones (approx. 5.3 miles away); Vale-Williams Memorial City Hall (approx. 6.6 miles away); Major General Alfred T.A. Torbert (approx. 6.6 miles away); Milford (approx. 6.6 miles away); The Towers (approx. 6.7 miles away); a different marker also named Milford (approx. 6.7 miles away).
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.