Marthasville in Warren County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
May 25, 1804 • September 20, 1806
—Marthasville, Mo —
This small house was built by the men of the Marthasvile Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Committee to commemorate the stops of the Lewis and Clark Expedition at Charrette village May 25, 1804 and September 20, 1806. This French style house is on the site of the village. The village in 1804 was the frontier of westward settlement on the Missouri River. It was still that when the men of the expedition made their joyous return to it in 1806.
Erected by Town of Marthasville.
Location. 38° 37.572′ N, 91° 3.589′ W. Marker is in Marthasville, Missouri, in Warren County. Marker is on 1st Street 0.1 miles north of Missouri Highway 47/94, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in Wessel Park, about 200 feet south of the Katy Trail pathway. Marker is in this post office area: Marthasville MO 63357, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Charrette • Marthasville (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri Katy Trail State Park 20th Anniversary (about 400 feet away); Marthasville to Dutzow (about 400 feet away); Lewis and Clark in Missouri (about 500 feet away); The Daniel Boone Trail (about 500 feet away); Marthasville to Treloar (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Marthasville.
Also see . . . The Founding of Marthasville, Missouri. (Submitted on November 30, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Exploration • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 411 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.