Three Rivers in Saint Joseph County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Legendary Battle
between the Shawnee
and Federated Indian
Tribes in 1802
Erected 1925 by Abiel Fellows Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 56.542′ N, 85° 38.041′ W. Marker is in Three Rivers, Michigan, in Saint Joseph County. Marker can be reached from West Michigan Avenue (State Highway 60) 0.1 miles east of Spring Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. The marker is located in Scidmore Park near the southwest corner of the parking lot accessed from W. Michigan Ave. Marker is in this post office area: Three Rivers MI 49093, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Three Rivers (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Three Rivers Town Cannon (about 400 feet away); Sue Silliman House (about 700 feet away but has been reported missing); French Trading Post (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Three Rivers Public Library Moab (approx. 0.7 miles away); Three Rivers Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Three Rivers.
Also see . . .
1. Brothers of Three Fires. Brief description of the battle. (Submitted on December 12, 2012.)
2. Early Photo of Site of Legendary Battle Marker. Date unknown. From the Three Rivers Public Library. (Submitted on July 14, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.)
Categories. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 348 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.