Harpersville in Shelby County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
One of its native sons, Henry B. Walthal, was a stage and silent film actor and a pioneer in Hollywood. “The Florida Short Route” or Highway 280 has brought many opportunities to Harpersville. In 1945, Harpersville officially incorporated. Shortly after incorporation, the town purchased the old Harpersville School and converted it into the Town Hall and municipal complex. Harpersville
Erected 2010 by Alabama Tourism Department and the Town of Harpersville.
Location. 33° 20.57′ N, 86° 26.161′ W. Marker is in Harpersville, Alabama, in Shelby County. Marker is on U.S. 280, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located in a small "park" on the west side of US Hwy 280. Marker is in this post office area: Harpersville AL 35078, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harpersville Garden of Memories (approx. half a mile away); Town of Vincent (approx. 3.2 miles away); Town of Westover (approx. 4.9 miles away); Coosa (approx. 5.3 miles away); Mount Tabor United Methodist Church Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); De Soto's Visit (approx. 6.3 miles away); The De Soto Trail (approx. 6.3 miles away); History Of Childersburg (approx. 6.5 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 377 times since then and 15 times this year. Last updated on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.