Near Landenberg in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Minguannan Indian Town
Was Located Here
Machaloha or Owhala
and his people
of the Unami Group
* Their Totem * The Tortoise *
of the Lenni-Lenape or Delawares
The Lands between Delaware River
and Chesapeake Bay to the Falls
of Susquehanna River
October 18, 1683
Erected 1924 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Chester County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 44.775′ N, 75° 46.506′ W. Marker is near Landenberg, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of London Tract Road and Sharpless Road, on the left when traveling south on London Tract Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Landenberg PA 19350, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Chambers House (approx. 1.4 miles away in Delaware); The Wedge (approx. 2 miles away in Delaware); Ebenezer United Methodist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away in Delaware); Eastburn-Jeanes Mining Complex (approx. 3.2 miles away Head of Christiana Presbyterian Church (approx. 3.8 miles away in Delaware); Tweed's Tavern (approx. 3.9 miles away in Delaware); New London Avenue School (approx. 4 miles away in Delaware); Thomas McKean (approx. 4.1 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 372 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.