Avery Island in Iberia Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
The present 70,000 square-foot factory built in 1978 and its style was based on the old factory. In 1988 another 40,000 square feet was added to the building and the old turn-of-the-century factory was renovated for office space.
Location. 29° 54.216′ N, 91° 54.216′ W. Marker is in Avery Island, Louisiana, in Iberia Parish. Marker is on State Highway 329. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Avery Island LA 70513, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Rock Salt Mine (approx. 0.6 miles away); Olivier Plantation (approx. 6.4 miles away); Howe Institute (approx. 8.5 miles away); Iberia Courthouse Building (approx. 8.5 miles away); St. Peter's Cemetery (approx. 8.6 miles away); The United States Post Office - Circa 1903 (approx. 8.7 miles away); Segura - Labourgeois Building (approx. 8.7 miles away); The Weeks' Grove (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 415 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on January 8, 2017.