Collinsville in DeKalb County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Collinsville Historic District
Notable buildings include the 1908 Presbyterian Church, the 1923 Collinsville Methodist Church, and the 1946 Cricket Theatre. Two pre-1900 structures remain, the G. W. Roberts building and the H. R. Jordan building.
Location. 34° 15.87′ N, 85° 51.741′ W. Marker is in Collinsville, Alabama, in DeKalb County. Marker is on West Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. It is located at the north end of the Historic District on West Main Street. Marker is in this post office area: Collinsville AL 35961, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Mound, Inn, and Church Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Fires and Floods (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Town of Crossville (approx. 7.6 miles away); Town of Geraldine: Home of the Bulldogs (approx. 10.6 miles away); Turkey Town Monument Cherokee Indian Removal (approx. 14.5 miles away); Alabama (approx. 14.8 miles away); Wills Town Mission (approx. 14.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Collinsville.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.