Valley Forge National Park in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Quarters of Major General William Alexander
—Placed on the National Register of Historic Places • 1974 —
Maj. Gen. William Alexander
Continental Army During the Valley Forge Encampment
December 19, 1777 – June 19, 1778
Maj. James Monroe
Fifth President of the United States
Also quartered here
as Aide-De-Camp to Stirling
Home of Parson William Currie
December 19, 1975
Erected 1975 by Pennsylvania Society Sons of the Revolution.
Location. 40° 5.055′ N, 75° 27.736′ W. Marker is in Valley Forge National Park, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on Yellow Springs Road, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. This marker is ½ mile or so west of Knox Covered Bridge, in Valley Forge National Park. Marker is in this post office area: Malvern PA 19355, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Officer’s Quarters (approx. half a mile away); Knox’s Quarters (approx. half a mile away); Upper Forge Site (approx. 0.7 miles away); To Build a Redoubt (approx. 0.8 miles away); Virginia (approx. In Memory of Unknown Soldiers (approx. 0.9 miles away); Anthony Wayne (approx. one mile away); Generals and Cattle Raids (approx. one mile away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . . Stirling HQ - National Register - Wikipedia. (Submitted on January 5, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 309 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.