Davenport in Santa Cruz County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Site of the Historic Foresters Hall
1910 – 1997
Location. 37° 0.666′ N, 122° 11.68′ W. Marker is in Davenport, California, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is at the intersection of Cabrillo Highway (State Highway 1) and Center Street on Cabrillo Highway. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 450 Cabrillo Highway, Davenport CA 95017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Swanton (approx. 4.3 miles away); Historic Lime Kilns (approx. 6.4 miles away); Felton Covered Bridge (approx. 7.3 miles away); Don Gaspar de Portolá (approx. 7.5 miles away); Cowell Lime Works (approx. 8.1 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church Building (approx. 8.4 miles away); Lady of the Night (approx. 9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Davenport.
Also see . . . Early History of Davenport. Davenport was founded in 1868. The original town was about a mile to the north of the present location near El Jarro Point. In the beautiful cove at the mouth (Submitted on January 6, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Entertainment •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 320 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.