Williamsburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Norborne Berkeley, Baron de Botetourt
Governor of the Colony of Virginia 1768-1770
Gordon S. Kray "73, Sculptor
This statue, a re-creation of the original marble by Richard Haward (1728-1800) that stood here from 1801 until 1958, was given to the College of William and Mary by thoughtful alumni on the occasion of the 300th anniversary.
Dedicated October 23, 1993
Location. 37° 16.25′ N, 76° 42.5′ W. Marker is in Williamsburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Jamestown Road and South Boundry Street, on the right when traveling south on Jamestown Road. Click for map. Located in front of The College of William and Mary Wren Building. Marker is in this post office area: Williamsburg VA 23185, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sir Christopher Wren Building (a few steps from this marker); Alumni of the College of William and Mary (within shouting distance of this marker); Priorities of the College of William and Mary (within shouting distance of this marker); The Christopher Wren Building (within shouting distance of this marker); In Gallia Nati Mortui in Virginia (within shouting distance The College of William and Mary in Virginia (within shouting distance of this marker); Indian School at the College of William & Mary (within shouting distance of this marker); College Camp (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line). Click for a list of all markers in Williamsburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.