Fairfax, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Ratcliﬀe-Allison House (Earpís)
Old Town Fairfax
This is the oldest house in the City of Fairfax and the first city-owned building to be placed on the National Register of Historic Places (1973). The oldest section of the house, the eastern portion, was built by Richard Ratcliffe around 1812 to the specifications of the original lot sales in the Town of Providence.
Location. 38° 50.754′ N, 77° 18.28′ W. Marker is in Fairfax, Virginia. Marker is on Main Street (Virginia Route 236) east of University Boulevard, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10386 Main Street, Fairfax VA 22030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Draper House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Draper House (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Town Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Fairfax Herald & Print Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Pozer Garden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fairfax Hay & Grain Store (about 300 feet away); Nickell's Hardware (about 400 feet away); Ralston's Store (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fairfax.
Also see . . . Ratcliffe-Allison House and Pozer Garden. (Submitted on October 15, 2006.)
Additional keywords. Earp's Ordinary
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,826 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on . Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 3. submitted on . 4. submitted on , by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.