Woodbridge in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church of Woodbridge
A house of worship has stood on this site since 1675. In that year a religious meeting house was built which was also the seat of Woodbridge Township government. The founders of Woodbridge were Puritans and the church was non denominational until 1710 when it became Presbyterian. The church is the sixth oldest congregation in New Jersey. The cemetery dates back to the earliest history of Woodbridge with the oldest stone dated 1690.
Location. 40° 33.698′ N, 74° 16.425′ W. Marker is in Woodbridge, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Rahway Avenue and Port Reading Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Rahway Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodbridge NJ 07095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church (a few steps from this marker); Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Barron Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Barron Estate (within shouting distance of this marker); Aaron Dunn Homestead/Jost-Keating House Barron Arts Center Barron Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Revolutionary Soldiers and Patriots of Woodbridge (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church Cemetery (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Woodbridge.
Also see . . . First Presbyterian Church of Woodbridge, NJ. (Submitted on January 19, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.