Fairfax, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Fairfax Herald & Print Shop
Old Town Fairfax
The Fairfax Herald was established in 1882 by Capt. S.R. Donohoe, who, in 1904 moved it to this small, one-story frame structure. The Herald remained in operation until 1966.
Location. 38° 50.764′ N, 77° 18.322′ W. Marker is in Fairfax, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Virginia Route 236) and University Drive, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10400 Main Street, Fairfax VA 22030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Town Hall (a few steps from this marker); Fairfax Hay & Grain Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Nickell's Hardware (within shouting distance of this marker); Ralston's Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Ratcliffe-Allison House (Earpís) (within shouting distance of this marker); Pozer Garden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported missing); Draper House (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Draper House (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fairfax.
Regarding Fairfax Herald & Print Shop. A collection of
Also see . . . A Walking Tour of Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. (Submitted on March 16, 2008.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 1,757 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on . • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.