Hillsboro in Hill County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Hill County Courthouse
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2481.)
Location. 32° 0.676′ N, 97° 7.828′ W. Marker is in Hillsboro, Texas, in Hill County. Marker is on North Waco Street near West Franklin Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Located at Courthouse Square, North Waco Street entrance way. Marker is in this post office area: Hillsboro TX 76645, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hill County (here, next to this marker); Hill County Confederate Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Courthouse History (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Old Lexington Village Bond's Alley (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pioneer Bank Building (about 300 feet away); Hill County Jail (about 400 feet away); Hillsboro Post Office Building (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Hillsboro.
Regarding Hill County Courthouse. National Register of Historic Places:
Hill County Courthouse (added 1971 - - #71000939)
Courthouse Square , Hillsboro
♦ Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Dodson,W.C.
♦ Architectural Style: Second Empire
♦ Area of Significance: Architecture
♦ Period of Significance: 1875-1899
♦ Owner: Local
♦ Historic Function: Government
♦ Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
♦ Current Function: Government
♦ Current Sub-function: Courthouse
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.