Pompton Plains in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Pompton Plains “Brick Schoolhouse”
No. 105. 1885
H. J. Smith • J. R. Evans • M. Card
( Second Marker : )
This stone plaque
marks the site of the
Pompton Plains School (1885 – 1985).
It was part of the original
Location. 40° 57.912′ N, 74° 17.697′ W. Marker is in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Newark Pompton Turnpike, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is located in front of the Pompton Plains Post Office. Marker is at or near this postal address: 538 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains NJ 07444, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Reformed Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Pompton Plains 9/11 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Newark – Pompton Turnpike (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Giles Mandeville House (about 600 feet away); Mandeville Farm Encampment Site (approx. 0.3 miles away); Martin Berry House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jesse Van Ness Farm (approx. 1.2 miles away); Morris Canal (approx. 1.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pompton Plains.
More about this marker.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.