Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Battle of Franklin
Erected 1984 by Williamson County Historical Society.
Location. 35° 54.282′ N, 86° 51.758′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is on Carnton Lane south of Brandon Drive (Route 0.3), on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1345 Carnton Lane, Franklin TN 37064, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tennessee Association, (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); McGavock Confederate Cemetery (within McGavock Confederate Cemetery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named McGavock Confederate Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); McGavock Family Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Carnton Plantation (approx. ¼ mile away); Willow Plunge (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Franklin.
Also see . . . Carnton Plantation & Battlefield. Battle of Franklin Trust. (Submitted on October 6, 2013.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 383 times since then and 105 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. 2. submitted on , by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.