Brunswick in Glynn County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 -1902
Hiker of ’98 (On base of soldier) Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 -1902
By the Department of Georgia and Department Auxiliary, United Spanish War Veterans
Twenty-Fifth Annual Convention
June 8-9-10, 1947
Erected 1947 by Department of Georgia and Department Auxiliary, United Spanish War Veterans.
Location. 31° 9.138′ N, 81° 29.683′ W. Marker is in Brunswick, Georgia, in Glynn County. Marker is at the intersection of G Street and Reynolds Street, on the right when traveling west on G Street. Click for map. The marker stands on the lawn of the Glynn County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Brunswick GA 31520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Glynn County (a few steps from this marker); Glynn County War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Colored Memorial School and Risley High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Brunswick's "Liberty Ships" (approx. 0.3 miles away); World War II Memorial Sidney Lanier (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lanier's Oak (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Lanier's Oak (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Brunswick.
Categories. • War, Spanish-American •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 410 times since then and 96 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.