Cloverdale in Botetourt County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Carolina Road
This is the old road from Pennsylvania to the Yadkin Valley, over which in early times settlers passed going south. On it were the Black Horse Tavern and the Tinker Creek Presbyterian Church.
Erected 1927 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number A-81.)
Location. 37° 22.198′ N, 79° 54.474′ W. Marker is in Cloverdale, Virginia, in Botetourt County. Marker is on Lee Hwy (U.S. 11) south of 2nd Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cloverdale VA 24077, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cloverdale Furnace (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roanoke County / Botetourt County (approx. 1.6 miles away); Hollins College (approx. 2.2 miles away); Daleville College (approx. 2.3 miles away); Greenfield (approx. 4.5 miles away); Mount Moriah Baptist Church (approx. 4.7 miles away); Fort William (approx. 6 miles away); Hotel Roanoke (approx. 6.8 miles away).
More about this marker. While the marker number shown on the face of this marker is 41-AK, this marker is numbered A-41 in the latest Virginia historic marker guides and lists.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.