Huntersville in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Lee Davidson
at Cowan’s Ford. Feb. 1,
1781. Davidson College
and Davidson County
are named for him.
Erected 1953 by Archives Conservation and Highway Departments. (Marker Number L 23.)
Location. 35° 21.959′ N, 80° 53.944′ W. Marker is in Huntersville, North Carolina, in Mecklenburg County. Marker is on Beatties Ford Road north of Sample Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is located in front of the Hopewell Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10500 Beaties Ford Road, Huntersville NC 28078, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Church Building (a few steps from this marker); Historic Latta Plantation (within shouting distance of this marker); General William Lee Davidson (within shouting distance of this marker); “Upping Block” (within shouting distance of this marker); Hopewell Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Oldest Cemetery and the Walls (about 300 The Servant Entrance (about 300 feet away); Richard Barry (approx. 1.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Huntersville.
Also see . . . Key facts about General William Lee Davidson from Davidson College website. (Submitted on February 4, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 412 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.