Hermann in Gasconade County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Pioneer Trails Juncture
This is an American Revolution Bicentennial Memorial marking the juncture of three famous pioneer trails here.
They are the Lewis and Clark Trail 1804-1806, the Ozark Frontier Trail mid-1800's and the Old Iron Road which linked the Meramec Iron Foundry at St. James, Mo. with the port city of Hermann on the mighty Missouri i, over which the ore was hauled by ox carts 1840-1860.
Erected 1976 by The City of Hermann and the Hermann Lions Club.
Location. 38° 42.471′ N, 91° 25.933′ W. Marker is in Hermann, Missouri, in Gasconade County. Click for map. Marker is in Riverfront Park, accessed off Wharf Street. Marker is in this post office area: Hermann MO 65041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri (a few steps from this marker); Voyage of Discovery (within shouting distance of this marker); Monnig Family General Store (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Concert Hall and Barrel Bar (approx. 0.2 miles away); Schlender Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gustav Wohlt House Gasconade County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); The Maria Waechter House (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Hermann.
Also see . . .
1. History of Hermann, Missouri. (Submitted on February 10, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail. (Submitted on February 10, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 198 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.