Hutchinson in Reno County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The First National Bank of Hutchinson
1 North Main Street
The First National Bank of Hutchinson, Hutchinson's first bank, has been located on the corner of Sherman and Main since 1876, when the first building was purchased from C.C. Hutchinson. In 1911 on Lot 1, architect Daniel Burnham designed Hutchinson's first skyscraper for the location. The bank was renovated and expanded in 1957 and again in 1972-74 to the present day building. In 1872 Lot 1 was C.C. Hutchinson's Land Office, Lot 5 was A.F. Horner's Building and Lot 9 was the E.L. Meyer Drug Store.
Location. 38° 3.143′ N, 97° 55.92′ W. Marker is in Hutchinson, Kansas, in Reno County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Sherman Street, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 North Main Street, Hutchinson KS 67501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Reno House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wiley Building (about 500 feet away); Strand Theater (about 500 feet away); Hutchinson's Historic Fox Theatre (about 500 feet away); Coliseum Hotel and Saltwater Natatorium (about 600 feet away); Hutchinson Gas Crisis (about 600 feet away); Stallman Block (about 700 feet away); Reno County Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Monument (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Hutchinson.
Also see . . . History of First National Bank, Hutchinson, Kansas. (Submitted on February 20, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.