St. Marys in Camden County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
George Washington Oak Tree Site
President George Washington
on December 14, 1799, local
citizens and members of
Camden Lodge #16 planted
six Oak trees in a
memorial service honoring
this famous Statesman,
Soldier and Free Mason. This
monument marks the spot of
the last of these oak trees
which was removed in 1987.
Location. 30° 43.476′ N, 81° 32.857′ W. Marker is in St. Marys, Georgia, in Camden County. Marker is on Osborne Street (Georgia Route 40) near Conyers Street, in the median. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Marys GA 31558, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Washington Pump & Oak (a few steps from this marker); First Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Marys Methodist Church Established 1799-1800 (within shouting distance of this marker); City of St. Marys (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Spanish Occupation of Georgia (about 500 feet away); First Pecan Trees Grown Here About 1840 Point Peter (approx. 2.8 miles away); Point Peter Battery and the War of 1812 (approx. 2.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in St. Marys.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Politics • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 449 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.