Near Belville in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1939 by State Historical Commission. (Marker Number D-14.)
Location. 34° 13.704′ N, 77° 59.328′ W. Marker is near Belville, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is on River Road SE south of U.S. 17, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leland NC 28451, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Anderson (a few steps from this marker); Orton (within shouting distance of this marker); Spanish Attack (within shouting distance of this marker); Alfred Moore (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stamp Act (about 400 feet away); Robert Howe (about 500 feet away); USS North Carolina (approx. 2 miles away); U.S.S. North Carolina Battleship Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Belville.
More about this marker. The remains of Saint Phillips Church are about 14.7 miles south at Brunkswick Town.
Also see . . . Arthur Dobbs (1689–1765) (Submitted on March 21, 2008.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,337 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.