Near Winnabow in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1961 by the Archives and Highway Departments and the Confederate Centennial Commission.
Location. 34° 4.233′ N, 77° 57.333′ W. Marker is near Winnabow, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is at the intersection of River Road SE (North Carolina Route 133) and Plantation Road (Local Road 1529), on the left when traveling south on River Road SE. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winnabow NC 28479, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Philips Church (approx. half a mile away); Brunswick (approx. half a mile away); Orton Plantation (approx. half a mile away); Russellborough (approx. 1.8 miles away); Russelborough (approx. 1.8 miles away); Brunswick Town State Historic Site (approx. 2.2 miles away); John LaPierre (approx. 2.2 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Anderson (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Winnabow.
More about this marker. Markers marks the turnoff for Fort Anderson.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,258 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 3. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.