Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1981 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2941.)
Location. 29° 12.629′ N, 99° 47.172′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of East North Street and North Getty Street (U.S. 83), on the right when traveling west on East North Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 E North St, Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Uvalde County (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Opera House (within shouting distance of this marker); Uvalde County Courthouse Early Texas Wagon Yards (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Inge, Camp Dix, C.S.A. (about 300 feet away); Reading Wood Black (about 400 feet away); Judge John Nance Garner (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1830 - Reading Wood Black - 1867 (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Uvalde.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 383 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. 3. submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?