Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Uvalde County Courthouse
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5620.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the San Antonio-El Paso Road marker series.
Location. 29° 12.603′ N, 99° 47.162′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of Getty Street (U.S. 83) and Main Street (U.S. 90), on the right when traveling north on Getty Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Uvalde County (within shouting distance of this marker); Kincaid Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Texas Wagon Yards Fort Inge, Camp Dix, C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Opera House (within shouting distance of this marker); Reading Wood Black (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Judge John Nance Garner (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1830 - Reading Wood Black - 1867 (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Uvalde.
More about this marker. There are other markers on the courthouse grounds.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 204 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.